GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
This blog is continously updated but might not be as accurate as GearBest.com official documentation
Purchasing guide: Checklist
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions:
- Use only PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in Australia to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. During the PayPal protection period you are also eligible to have reimbursement on shipping costs if you want to return the product to GearBest.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: Verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Prefer express shipping to flat rate shipping (if available): Despite GearBest choosing only safe shipping methods, there might be a faster and more reliable shipping method during check-out.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds 30$: insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event your parcel will be lost by the express, with insurance after an investigation with the express you will receive reshipment o reimbursement.
- Buying from China: Customs are due above order value of 1000$AU
- Flat rate shipping: This is the default free shipping method. Shipping time, especially when not registered, can peak at 1 month and above. We suggest to select this shipping method only if is way cheaper than other shipping methods.
- AU Express: With this express method you get the best value for money and shipping time. Although GearBest sates a delivery time of 5-10 business days, we suggest you to be aware to wait a maximum of 15 working days for your parcels to arrive
- Expedited Shipping: Though it’s a bit expensive than other methods, for our Australian customers, this shipping method is faster and with free custom when your order under AU$1000.
Warranty & Returns
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
Under very rare circumstances you will receive a dead on arrival product or a wrong product. Few hints:
- open a ticket within 72 hours from the moment you receive your item and upload a picture or video to prove the issue
- GearBest will reship or reimburse. Mention your choice in the ticket
- For low value items GearBest might reship without asking you to send back the broken product
- For expensive items GearBest might require you to send back the broken product (*)
(*) If you have to send back the broken or wrong product, GearBest will reimburse your shipping costs up to 50USD. Follow carefully the instruction provided in the RMA letter. The parcel will take time to reach GearBest. Once arrived will be processed in around 7-10 business days. If you urge the item, we suggest you to go for reimbursement and consider a new item.
During checkout GearBest grants you the option to book an extra shipping insurance. We suggest to add this for orders above 20$AU. Orders with insurance that get lost during transit are eligible to full reimbursement on the selected payment method. Orders with no insurance above 20$AU might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in the case the parcel is lost by the shipping company.
During peak season there might be delays due to high volumes. If you see your order facing delays, open a ticket on support.gearbest.com
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be initiated through this channel. Please be aware that opening a ticket about an unsent order will lead to a freeze of the shipment process until the problem is solved.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not shipped item, GearBest will reimburse the order.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is shipped to GearBest. Unfortunately the buyer has to take over the shipping costs after contacting the support to receive your unique return receipt.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the purpose is reimbursement.