GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
This blog is continously updated but might not be as accurate as GearBest.com official documentation
Purchasing guide: hints
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions:
- Preferably use PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in India to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. More infos about availability of PayPal in India later.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Prefer express shipping to flat rate shipping (if available): despite GearBest chooses only safe shipping methods, there might be a faster and more reliable shipping method during check-out.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds Rs. 2000: insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event your parcel will be lost by the express, with insurance after an investigation with the express you will receive reshipment o reimbursement.
- Flat rate shipping: This is the default free shipping method. There is a high possibility of customs. We suggest not to select this shipping methods due to higher customs than other methods.
- Standard Shipping (DHL): Fastest, but most expensive shipping available. Subject to customs processed by the courier company with correct invoice.
- Tax & Customs: Indian customs may calculate customs at random (made-up value). Only external companies like DHL will invoice you correctly.
- for further details check official government regulations: www.cbec.gov.in/
To clarify: Using the Flat rate / Free shipping methods of GearBest will lead to higher duties paid. We highly recommend to pay the extra for expedited / standard shipping to safe taxes. According to different sources taxes paid can vary up to 50% and more, which can be a couple of thousand Rs. difference compared to the shipping method Standard shipping. To save some of the shipping costs we suggest you to groupbuy from GearBest and share the price with friends or other fans of our brands like Xiaomi and Meizu.
PayPal in India
Unfortunately not every bank supports international payments via PayPal in India. Since we highly suggest you to order with PayPal instead of a credit card only payment, we want to encourage you to use one of the following banks and specific cards you can find in this awesome article on http://isaumya.com. Make sure your card is eligible to do cross-nation transaction and get the newest gadgets directly delivered to your door.
During checkout there is an option to add shipping insurance. We suggest to add insurance for orders above Rs. 2000. You will get a full refund on orders with shipping insurance in case of a lost parcel or dead on arrival products. Orders with no insurance above Rs. 2000 might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in the case the parcel gets lost during transit.
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Sadly, GearBest will not cover the shipping costs back to China.
From China and Hong Kong warehouses the shipping time is specified in the product page. During peak season there might be delays due to the high amount of orders and lack of capacity by our logistic partners. If you see your order facing unnatural delays, open a ticket on support.gearbest.com. Remember, once a ticket is opened for an order that was not sent out yet, GearBest will automatically set its status to “on hold” and only deliver once the problem mentioned in the ticket is solved. We recommend to wait atleast 7 business days before opening a ticket. Read the product page and the given dispatch time carefully.
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be taken through this channel. For problems that are not connected to a refund process, we suggest you to take a look at our forum and the official GearBest Team will answer all your questions. This will be the fastest and most convenient option for you. All GearBest employees speak decent english, so dont hesitate to contact them.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not delivered iteam, GearBest will reimburse the order as soon as possible.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is send back to GearBest. Unfortunately, according to GearBests terms and conditions the buyer has to pay possible shipping costs himself once a product is sent back to China for repair or a reshipment. This includes all products no matter the warranty.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the purpose of the action is reimbursement.