GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
This blog is continously updated but might not be as accurate as GearBest.com official documentation
Purchasing guide: hints
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions:
- Use only PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in the United States to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. During the PayPal protection period you are also eligible to have reimbursement on shipping costs if you want to return the product to GearBest.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Prefer express shipping over flat rate shipping (if available): despite GearBest choosing only safe shipping methods, there might be a faster and more reliable shipping method during check-out.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds 30$: insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event your parcel will be lost by the express, with insurance after an investigation with the express you will receive reshipment o reimbursement.
- American Warehouse: Two Warehouses located on the east and west coast for extra fast delivery
- Flat rate shipping: This is the default free shipping method. There is possibility of customs if the parcel value is above 200$. We suggest to select this shipping method only if is way cheaper than other shipping methods.
- America Direct Express: International Bridge. Taxes are applied according to local regulations
- Expedited Shipping: DHL or FedEx. Fastest shipping available. Subject to customs if parcel value is above 200$.
GearBest has two Warehouses in the United States. One is located in New York and the other is in Los Angeles to ensure a fast delivery for all our american customers. All parcels sent to any address in america from this warehouse are subject to free Express shipping. All the products are in stock with immediate shipping. The estimate arrival time varies from 2 to 7 days depending on the courier company. No customs: all products are already in the United States and duty is already paid by GearBest.
During checkout there is an option to add shipping insurance. We suggest to add insurance for orders above 30$. You will get a full refund on orders with shipping insurance in case of a lost parcel or dead on arrival products. Orders with no insurance above 30$ might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in the case the parcel gets lost during transit.
Warranty & Returns
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
Under very rare circumstances you will receive a dead on arrival product or a wrong product. Few hints:
- open a ticket within 72 hours from the moment you receive your item and upload a picture or video to prove the issue
- GearBest will reship or reimburse. Mention your choice in the ticket
- For low value items GearBest might reship without asking you to send back the broken product
- For expensive items GearBest might require you to send back the broken product (*)
(*) If you have to send back the broken or wrong product, GearBest will reimburse your shipping costs up to 50USD. Follow carefully the instruction provided in the RMA letter. The parcel will take time to reach GearBest. Once arrived will be processed in around 7-10 business days. If you urge the item, we suggest you to go for reimbursement and consider a new item.
From the american warehouses the processing time is at most up to 1 or 2 business days. All products in local warehouses are in stock with immediate processing.
From China and Hong Kong warehouses the shipping time is specified in the product page. During peak season there might be delays due to high amount of orders and lack of capacity by our logistic partners. If you see your order facing unnatural delays, open a ticket on support.gearbest.com. Remember, once a ticket is opened for an order that was not sent out yet, GearBest will automatically set its status to “on hold” and only deliver once the problem mentioned in the ticket is solved. We recommend to wait atleast 7 business days before opening a ticket and read the product page and the given dispatch time carefully.
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be taken through this channel. For problems that are not connected with an upcoming refund process, we suggest you to take a look at one of the facebook pages we established. You can even find small languages like german or italian there. Also, all GearBest employees are capable to communicate in passable english.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not delivered item, GearBest will reimburse the order as soon as possible.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is send back to GearBest. Unfortunately, according to GearBests terms and conditions the buyer has to pay possible shipping costs himself once a product is sent back to China for repair or a reshipment. This includes all products no matter the warranty.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the purpose of the action is reimbursement.
PayPal – Pay by Instalments
Good news for American customers! As a first test run GearBest enables payment plans by installments for the United States. In the future you do not need to worry about paying the whole amount at once. Any customer using this option is now in a contract with PayPal and they will handle all the deatils and payments with you.
Please remember, that PayPals rates are constantly changing and you will definitely pay a little more for this option over the next couple month. GearBest does not benefit from this and PayPal – in these specific cases – will be the business you are holding a contract about the payment with. For customer support problems nothing will change, even though you choose to pay in instalments.